- Toast (in a grill, toaster, or toaster oven) a breakfast portion of the bread of your choice. Some suggestions are good whole grain bread, crumpets, pikelets, potato bread or cakes, Yorkshire oat cakes, Irish soda bread, a bagel, pumpernickel bread, Trader Joe's handmade corn tortillas, homemade cornbread.
- Butter the toast. (In the case of a cinnamon and raisin bagel, an alternative is a thin spreading of cream cheese.)
- Spread a very small amount of Marmite on the toast.
- Then spread a bit of peanut butter, nut butter (cashew, almond, hazelnut), or tahini on top of the Marmite layer.
- Serve with a selection of fresh and dried fruit, fruit juice, and a strong cappuccino.